Many people go on to receive their masters through alternative medicine schools to increase their knowledge in the field. Alternative medicine has grown quite rapidly over the past years as people have started to realize the many benefits associated with the various options the field has to offer.
Alternative Medicine Education and Training
Being accepted into the program of your choice will follow many of the same steps regardless of which school you are opting to take your courses from. Being a strong academic student is a must to be able to step into the Masters programs. It is also necessary that a prospective student have already taken at least a bachelors degree before attempting to get admitted into graduate-level courses. Recent transcript giving confirmation of high scores is necessary to be considered.
The graduate record exam (GRE) is a common choice for many schools when they are looking for supportive documentation to help in the selection process. While not every educational institution will demand the exam in most cases, it is mandatory for consideration. Students looking to enter the program should definitely consider completing the exam prior to filling out the forms.
Having some work experience in the area in which you are planning to attain further study is an important asset. Universities and schools will look positively toward the student who has had some experience in the field. There have been numerous cases where the program will require the student to show that they have had some experience in the field before entering the program so, it is important to check with the school before you begin applying. Courses may include:
- Topics in Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Evidence-Based Medicine
- Clinical Nutrition, Supplements and Botanicals
Once you have been accepted into masters degrees in alternative medicine schools it will take you about one or two years to complete program requirements. The university or educational institution will let you know ahead of time how long your course is expected to run. Course material will be similar in most cases except for some minor teaching differences. Some of the courses you may encounter may include nutrition, meditation of mind and body, physiology, homeopathy and proper acupuncture techniques.
Alternative Medicine Careers
Finding some reliable people in your life who are able to write a good recommendation in support of your academic endeavors is important. Having on hand two or three different recommendations to attach to your entrance application is important. It is also important that you attach a letter written by you offering reasons why you feel you should be considered.
There are many job opportunities a successful student can pursue once they have completed their course at masters degrees in alternative medicine schools. Many go on to pursue successful careers in lifestyle coaching, and various health advocate opportunities in both the public and the private sector of government. Nowadays, you can expect to put your skills to work in numerous environments including hospitals, community centers and private practices.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
Annual income will be different for every person for a variety of reasons including what skills they opt to utilize. On average, most graduates of alternative medicine schools can expect to bring in an income on a scale of around $30,000 to $50,000 or more. The field of alternative medicine continues to grow in leaps and bounds and so does the need for skilled professionals. It is projected that the field will continue to grow steadily over the next number of years and thus professionals will continue to be called upon.
Alternative, Natural and Holistic Health Programs
- Degrees include BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- BA/Complementary and Alternative Health
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapist
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Nutrition Science
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Massage Therapy - Diploma
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Massage Therapy - Associate's
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration