The Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) is a doctoral and the PhD in Business Administration are programs that focus on business management and administration. To gain admission to a doctoral program, students must be in possession of a Masters or MSc degree, or a corresponding qualification in general management. If they do not have either of these, a qualification in a relative field, awarded by a professional organization, may be acceptable.
DBA Education and Training
Certain universities require applicants to have previous working experience in a supervisory or managerial position involving strategic matters. A thesis marks the end of a student’s doctor of business administration degree program. This has to be presented and defended by the student to the faculty’s doctoral review committee. The degree is only awarded with all coursework, written research, and testing has been completed and approved by the faculty.
The coursework and research in the Doctorate in Business Administration program goes beyond that of a Masters Degree. It culminates in a journal publication or thesis that makes a meaningful contribution to business practice or theory. A DBA is suitable for students who want to pursue careers in the business world and those who want to pursue careers in academia.
DBA students can specialize in fields like finance, economics, organizational behavior, technology management, management science, or other practical areas. Depending on the place of learning, curricula are offered on a part-time or full-time basis, or both.
Students also have the option to take the Executive DBA program, which is designed to meet the needs of executives and managers. It enables them to earn their DBA degree while remaining in consulting or managerial positions. Participants come from all sizes and types of organizations and represent a variety of industries.
Careers with a DBA
Career options with a doctorate in business administration degree vary. Upon graduation, those who wish to pursue careers in academia are able to impart their profound knowledge in classrooms. In the role of professors, they make a positive impact on the learning process of students.
Furthermore, they communicate directly with business professionals about new ideas and research findings. This inspires businesses to adopt new methods for more effective and efficient operations. In return for a professor’s dedication to research and passion to teach, he or she also has the freedom to pursue his or her own research interests and work independently.
With a DBA, career options are not restricted to academic settings. Graduates can opt to enter the corporate world as organizational consultants or researchers. Many large firms need doctoral people to explore financial projections, consumer behavior, strategic directions, and many other fields in the corporate arena. Companies employ such people as specialist consultants.
Doctoral Programs in Business and Management
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- Doctor of Business Administration in Information Systems
- DBA in Marketing
- DBA in International Business
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2014 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Implements a one-to-one teaching model, partnering one student with one faculty member in each course.
- 100% of faculty members hold doctoral degrees.
- No physical residency requirements, allowing students to pursue their degree online.
- Committed to innovation, diversity, excellence, and accountability since its founding in 1996.
- Offers several programs in business, education, psychology, and more.
- Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Management - D.B.A.
- General Business - D.B.A.
- And more...
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
- D.B.A. - Self-Designed
- D.B.A. in Social Impact Management
- D.B.A. - Marketing
- And more...
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
- PhD - Strategy and Innovation
- DBA - Strategy and Innovation (ACBSP-accredited)
- DBA - Marketing
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management General Concentration (Executive Format)