Education masters programs involve an advanced level academic discipline that has a focus on providing a study of the methods used in the instruction of individuals of varying ages, in a number of different subjects. This type of high-level program is available from a broad number of accredited universities and colleges across the country. While undertaking this program, you will learn taught how to address the needs of students, prepare challenging and stimulating curricula, and develop an in-depth understanding of time management skills.
Education Masters Training
A master degree would usually involve the completion of a unique research thesis put together under the professional guidance of a member of faculty. To enroll in an education master’s degree program, there would likely be a need to have attained a baccalaureate degree, as well as meeting a set grade point average. Certain institutions would also expect that applicants have already some experience of hands-on teaching, or at least a background in education, though there are some schools that have less strict requirements.
Education masters programs would cover topics that are more advanced and specialized than what would have been given during a bachelor’s course. There would likely be a focus on theoretical teaching strategies, and the application of teaching methods. Subjects provided would also explore problem solving methods and the motivation of students. Education masters programs are offered as:
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Masters of Science in Education (MSc)
Common electives in education masters programs can include social economic influences and issues, effective classroom management, new theories and models, curriculum planning, assessment of student progress, student development and psychology, behavioral conditions, and development disorders. In all likelihood, the program chosen may have a specific area of specialization, for example, math, science, or administration.
Careers in Education
Upon graduation, and if wanting to take up a teaching position, there would be a need to acquire licensure before full time employment can be offered, most master’s programs help individuals prepare for this exact process. It is important to note that the requirements that need to be met to gain a teaching license do vary depending on state, usually the process would involve the completion of training course, passing an assessment test, and completing a supervised period of teaching.
There are ample opportunities for professional educators in today’s society. With a master’s degree, there would be the option to take up employment in a range of establishments, including government schools, private institutes, as well as roles that involve the formation of policy. Administrative positions can be very attractive to those individuals that are no so comfortable in a classroom setting, yet still want to play a formative role in the development of policy.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
Data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) suggests that elementary teachers earned a median wage of $53,000 in 2009. At the same time, high school administrators commanded an average wage of $87,000. Most opportunities are to be found in areas that are disadvantaged economically. The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The BLS reports the following median annual wage for 2010.
- Kindergarten teachers – $48,800
- Elementary school teachers – $51,660
- Middle school teachers – $51,960
- High school teachers – $53,230
- Special education teachers – $53,220
Employment of kindergarten, elementary, and middle school teachers is expected to grow by 17% from 2010 to 2020. For high school teacher the expected growth rate is 7% for the same period. An education masters program prepares graduates for a long and stimulating career. According to the BLS, the number of education jobs available is predicted to grow as fast as the national average for other sectors up until 2018. Certain regions will see a faster growth rate than others.
Masters in Education Programs
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with ESL/ELL Emphasis
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction with Instructional Technology Leadership Emphasis
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
- In Walden’s online PhD in Criminal Justice program, you’ll explore contemporary theory and practice as well as national and international issues in the administration of criminal justice.
- Our PhD in Criminal Justice program gives you the opportunity to integrate scholarly research with your experience to create effective solutions to real-world problems.
- Participate in four academic residencies designed to enhance both your development as a scholar-practitioner and your ability to effect positive social change.
- Our program coursework focuses on criminal behavior theory along with technology, homeland security, and management skills applicable to the challenges facing the law enforcement community.
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Early Childhood Public Policy and Advocacy
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching and Diversity in Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- Advance to the next level of your academic career - earn your Master's in Education online with GCU.
- Earn a master's in educational administration, elementary education, autism spectrum disorders and more – Take your pick!
- Integrate philosophy with real-world knowledge to implement strategies that provide critical thinking.
- The dedication to your success extends beyond the classroom and into a professional educational setting.
- Incorporate modern pedagogy through a student-driven learning concept and technology.
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-ITL
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-NITL
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Elementary Education
- And more...
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- Education, Technology & Online Learning - Masters
- Higher Education - Masters
- General Education - Masters
- And more...
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Education in Higher Education
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership - Conflict Resolution Track
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership - Learning with Emerging Technologies
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).