Perhaps you may consider pursuing a financial planning masters degree if you are interested in helping others make better fiscal decisions, or you are interested in advancing your career in the banking and investments sector. What is financial planning? Financial planning is defined as the long-term process of managing finances while simultaneously negotiating the financial barriers that may arise. It is important to think of financial planning as a process rather than a product.
Financial Planning Education and Training
In order to pursue this particular advanced financial planning university degree, you will need to have a bachelor’s degree prior to being accepted into most financial planning programs. Your degree can be in practically any field related to business too. Whether you obtained a bachelor’s degree in accounting, or you obtained a bachelor’s degree in finance, it is likely that you can further advance your education through the use of a masters program without completing additional undergraduate financial planning course requirements.
Financial planning services are some of the most valuable commercial services individuals and corporations alike ever use. Financial planners possess the skills, knowledge, and experience that are needed to provide their clients with guidance that will ultimately lead to more profitable decision-making.
Financial course work for students pursuing the financial planning masters degree can vary greatly depending on the particular institution that is being attended, but most programs provide students with a solid foundation of knowledge concerning financial planning and its relation to capital markets around the globe. To further prepare students for the demanding task of planning the futures of corporations and individuals seeking guidance related to their finances, coursework also reviews macroeconomics and microeconomics along with accounting topics.
Careers in Financial Planning
Due to the varying demands of the clients professionals in this fieldwork with, students pursuing this degree should also expect to complete coursework revolving around taxation too. This type of coursework provides students with the knowledge and information they need to properly guide their customers towards the most profitable ventures at their disposal in any given moment.
Individuals holding the financial planning masters can obtain numerous jobs in the global capital markets. Common career paths for graduates include investment consulting positions, banking positions, as well as the most common career path, financial planning positions.
Graduates holding a financial planning degree are highly valued by large corporations today, because they possess the skills and knowledge that is needed to properly navigate turbulent global capital markets. Upon being hired by a large corporation, students can expect to fill roles related to capital management, strategic planning, and even accounting.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
Factors that could potentially affect your salary upon graduating include your experience, location, and level of certification. Certified financial planners commonly earn about $45,000 per year, but your salary could be considerably higher depending on the city you are hoping to find employment in.
The amount of money you can expect to earn can also vary based on the type of institution you are employed by. Over time, as you obtain more experience in this field, you will be in a very good position to earn more than $100,000 per year by obtaining the most lucrative positions being offered by large corporations from around the world.
There will always be a need for individuals who can provide solid and reliable advice related to managing the capital of private individuals and corporations. Even though the global capital markets have softened considerably in recent years, the expected salaries of individuals holding a Financial Planning Masters degree is expected to remain steady for many years to come.
Programs in Financial Planning
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Finance - Financial Planning
- MS in Accounting - Finance Specialization
- MS in Finance
- And more...
- Our online DBA program allows you to develop solutions to complex, real-world business problems using advanced decision-making and leadership skills.
- Gain deeper business knowledge and serve as a global change agent—whether in corporate, public sector, or academic environments.
- Benefit from our 24/7 tech support, Writing Center, Career Services Center, and more.
- Walden University’s Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. in Finance
- M.B.A. in Corporate Finance
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MBA - Finance
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Finance
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Finance
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investing
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Rutgers education is a life-changing experience that gives the student the skills and knowledge to compete globally while broadening their appreciation for how the world works. Many describe it as one of the most rewarding experiences of their lives – professionally and personally.
- Master of Governmental Accounting (Online)
Virginia International University is a non-profit institution in Fairfax, VA with a goal of making quality education affordable to students from around the world. The university was established in 1998 by President Dr. Isa Sarac. Virginia International University’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, equally diverse faculty and staff, while striving to provide academic programs at the graduate, undergraduate, and certificate levels that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community and with a commitment to providing students with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.
- MBA in Global Logistics