Earning a health masters degree can allow you to choose from many great positions in the medical field. This type of degree gives you the foundation to pursue a PhD in many areas of medical management. Those students not exactly sure what area they would like to specialize in might consider this kind of educational foundation.
Health Information Management Education and Training
Students pursuing this area of education will need to have an undergraduate degree completion in business or health care administration. Those students with a background of work experience in medical care are also considered more acceptable at many universities.
The liberal arts undergraduate is an acceptable prerequisite at some schools as well. Because of the wide variety of positions students can prepare for through this degree, core classes are required for any areas of specialization students plan to focus on.
The health masters degree courses students should expect to take for this educational endeavor includes an assortment of health sciences, epidemiology, and courses surrounding public administration, hospital management, law and ethics, and health economics. These are classes that prepare students for a career in higher medical care management positions. Accounting and budgeting, human resource management and public administration are also required courses as well.
Most universities require core classes for obtaining a master in this field. In addition to core classes programs also include electives in addition to classes related to previous courses taken for medical care management. Keep in mind some schools also require students to pass a comprehensive examination and the completion of a masters paper as well.
Internship is another requirement for completion of the health masters degree. An internship in an area related to the students specific specialization is supervised and performance is recorded. While you do have a choice of where to complete their internship, the best choice would be in a facility you want to work permanently upon graduation. You can get the experience you will use later during an internship in this way.
Health Management Careers
The graduating student into this career will have many areas to choose from for employment. You might be more interested in public relations at a health department or maybe you would like to be a hospital administrator. Some students prefer the administrative position at a nursing home or rehabilitation center. Employment opportunities for graduating students are indeed abundant.
Through qualified medical management teams, everyone can feel safer visiting their local hospital or living in a nursing home facility. If you are considering a Health Masters Degree, also consider the great benefits of not only helping other people, but making sure everyone else in your facility does as well.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
Expected salary ranges for careers related to this degree are between $60,000 and $80,000 a year, depending on the exact position you get. With more time on the job and accrued years of experience, your salary will grow larger. Many people earn well in most jobs related to these fields in medical management.
The outlook for positions in this area of expertise is positive. Millions of people pass through the doors of medical facilities every day. For each one of those people, there is someone in management that is ultimately responsible for their medical care.
Masters Programs in Health
- Delivered through Tempo Learning® by Walden, our custom-paced program for working professionals allows you to move through your studies by completing a series of competencies on your own schedule.
- Our fully online Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree program can put you at the forefront of the field and help you improve the experiences of healthcare providers as well as patients.
- You can accomplish your academic goals at your pace, with individualized help from faculty and academic coaches when you need it.
- Your prior experience may help you earn your degree more quickly as you demonstrate what you already know through competency assessments—which can save you time and money.
- Walden’s online MHA program is designed to create visionary leaders who can respond to the needs of their communities while optimizing organizational performance and outcomes.
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - BSN Track - Nurse Informatics
- M.S. in Nursing (MSN) - RN Track - Nurse Informatics
- Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing - Master's
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science - DNP Executive Leader
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing : Executive Leader
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MBA - Healthcare Management