With a human development masters degree there are various avenues to advance one’s career. Because this is a comprehensive program, there are certain requirements that every student must meet. Most of the schools will not accept a hand written application any more. These are only taking online applications. After this is submitted, students will have a complete list of items that they will need to have for the admissions office.
Human Development Education and Training
International students are not only welcome, but are highly encouraged to apply to the schools, submitting a TOEFL score that is within satisfactory standards for any school. Along with this, international and national students will need to submit sealed official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions that the student has attended. They will also need to submit the most current resume or curriculum vitae. Some schools may require an application fee, due at the time of the application submission.
The human development masters program is not limited to adult psychology. It includes children, geriatrics, and infants. This program has many detailed courses that work students into a world further than what their current education already has taken them. This program takes psychology students to a new level with the understanding of how the human body works with the brain, and how the two combined can cause certain mental disorders.
Some schools may require different types of essays, but the type is completely up to the Office of Admissions from each and every school. Along with these, there may be other requirements. So ensure that the student inquires with the office to find out specifically what is necessary.
Human Development and Family Studies Careers
The reception of a human development masters is documented. Careers that can found here are in psychology, meaning the person cannot write prescriptions, yet they can counsel and refer patients to a psychiatrist who can. These psychologists work within social services, hospitals and even have their own private practices. The positions available work within the government, schools, and in many other places.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
The average salary has different factors that can cause it to increase or decrease. Geographical location is one of the largest factors that affect the amount of the annual pay. With this also comes publicity or the amount of word of mouth from current patients. Employees will also need to remember how they are located, not just the geographical location.
The average pay rate annually for beginning psychologists is around $50,000 or a little more. Experience, education, and location are the largest factors in this amount. The longer the experience, the higher the pay scale ranges. However, the pay rate is expected to steadily climb over the next five years as the education system booms and government technology exceeds expectations.
All applicants who are approved for enrollment will find themselves in a vast world of a human development masters degree program. As they continue their education, thorough and challenging courses will take come across and the world will open up to many more opportunities. Finish the bachelor’s degree and roll over to the next level of education to span off for a doctoral program later on in the future.
Human Development Programs
- Liberal Arts degrees include BAs in English, History, Applied Linguistics, and more.
- Instruction focused on developing students’ critical, creative thinking, and communication skills.
- 100% online, flexible courses allow students to pursue their degree on their own schedule.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management - Environmental and Social Sustainability (Executive Format)
- Master of Arts in History
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- Online Master of Information
- Theology Degrees Rooted in the Word of God
- Since 1949, GCU has been a premier private Christian university in Arizona, helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential.
- Across the College of Theology, our theology degrees are designed to help you apply Scripture to the context in which you serve.
- GCU offers a variety of transformative degrees with real-world relevance, such as Christian studies, pastoral ministry and the online Master of Divinity.
- Courses are available online, evenings and on campus in Phoenix, Arizona. Talk to us to learn about financial aid, start dates and more!
- B.A. in Christian Studies with a concentration in Youth Ministry
- Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership - Christian Ministry
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MA: Interdisciplinary Studies
- BS in Interdisciplinary Studies
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
- Master of Social Work
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Gender Diversity Studies - MA in Psychology
- Gender Diversity Studies - PhD of Psychology