A masters in banking programs are designed to prepare students who are interested in building a career in the financial sector for the diverse tasks they will face in real world banking positions. Before you can enter an advanced degree program, you will first need to obtain a bachelor’s degree in a related area. This generally falls under accounting or finance.
Banking Education and Training
In some cases the type of bachelor’s degree you obtain will not affect your chances of being accepted into a particular program, but the most prestigious institutions generally prefer their applicants to have a background in business prior to pursuing an advanced degree. Work experience in some cases may also be needed before a student can pursue this degree as well. Many schools also request that their applicants maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. In some cases, an even higher GPA is recommended due to the competitive nature of these programs. While a minimum GRE score is not always required, a high score is recommended to increase the chances that you will be accepted into a prestigious program. Letters of recommendation are commonly requested by master’s programs too.
Banking degree programs provide students with the foundational knowledge concerning global markets, accounting, and financial services to help them obtain the most lucrative positions in the financial industry today.
The coursework in the master in banking degree program that must be completed by students pursuing this degree is very demanding. Students are expected to learn about a wide variety of business functions. They are also expected to develop their communication skills and learn how to communicate effectively and appropriately within modern business environments.
Students interested in pursuing this degree should expect to complete courses related to international finance, advanced accounting, business writing, financial planning, and even mergers and acquisitions.
These demanding courses are designed to provide students with the knowledge they need to work effectively within banking operations, but they are also designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the intricacies of modern businesses and the global economy as a whole.
Careers in Banking
Due to the expanding nature of the financial services market, there are numerous opportunities available to students who pursue this academic degree. Upon graduating, you will be able to fill roles within investment banking firms, regulatory agencies, and you will even be able to provide consulting services to all types of institutions.
Individuals holding a master in banking degree are commonly relied upon by institutions of all sizes to increase their profitability and reduce risks incurred in global financial markets.
Due to the wide variety of tasks professionals of this kind are commonly assigned, the salaries earned by these professionals can vary greatly. If you choose to work as a consultant, you may earn a salary that can vary based on the number of clients you work with as well as your desirability as a consultant.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
If you choose to work for a large corporation, your starting salary may be anywhere from $25,000 to $45,000 per year if you fill the role of an analyst. On the other hand, if you were to pursue a bank management position, your starting salary could be as high as $60,000 to $70,000 per year.
Since most master in banking programs are designed for intelligent and ambitious individuals, and corporations and organizations around the world are in constant need of talented new employees, the economic outlook for individuals pursuing this degree is rather favorable. Although the financial markets have slowed down in recent years, it is expected that the skilled and experienced professionals in the banking sector of the economy will always be in a good position to fill lucrative opportunities.
Programs in Banking
- Online degrees include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, and MBA.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Business Administration specializations include Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MBA - Finance
- MA Accountancy
- The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program is designed with insight from experienced faculty and leading business practitioners.
- Already have a master’s in business or management? You may be eligible to apply credit for up to four courses toward your DBA, saving time and money.
- Students in the DBA program may choose from 16 specializations, including Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Marketing, Leadership, and more.
- The DBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. in Finance
- M.B.A. in Corporate Finance
- M.B.A. in Accounting
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Finance
- M.B.A.: Accounting
- M.S. in Accounting
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Accounting - Finance Specialization
- MS in Finance
- MBA - Finance
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Master of Science in Accounting
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Finance
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Finance
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Accounting
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investing
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
Virginia International University is a non-profit institution in Fairfax, VA with a goal of making quality education affordable to students from around the world. The university was established in 1998 by President Dr. Isa Sarac. Virginia International University’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, equally diverse faculty and staff, while striving to provide academic programs at the graduate, undergraduate, and certificate levels that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community and with a commitment to providing students with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.
- MBA in Accounting
- Master of Science in Accounting (MAC)
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting