Individuals who hold a master degree in physical education are likely to benefit from the expansion of fitness education programs. Fitness has always been an important aspect of a proper education, but today, fitness is more important than ever. Many nations are seeing their populations struggle with weight problems and weight related health problems, but there is very little governments can do to help their populations.
Physical Education Training
The prerequisites of a master’s program can vary greatly based on the school you are interested in attending, but almost every program requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in physical education or sport’s sciences. Some programs will also accept students who have a bachelor’s degree in a related field as well. If you are interested in taking on this responsibility, you will first need to satisfy the prerequisites of a master’s program.
Many master in physical education degree programs also require their students to maintain a certain GPA level before they can be admitted into their advanced programs. Generally speaking, a GPA of 3.0 or above will usually qualify a student for most master’s programs.
The type of coursework you can expect to complete while going through a master in physical education program include courses related to effectively teaching physical education, techniques for creating physical education curriculum, as well as basic coursework related to the functions of the human body. Through these courses, you will learn how students can effectively improve their bodies through training routines and you will also learn how you can easily transfer this knowledge to students from a wide variety of backgrounds. Courses might include:
- Research in Physical Education
- Teaching in Physical Education
- Sport Psychology
- Sport in Society
- Health Education Fundamentals
Since many students who pursue a master in physical education degree are interested in obtaining coaching positions, students often also take courses related to coaching techniques, coaching administration, as well as sports safety. Through this type of coursework, you will what you need to know to effectively coach a sports team.
Physical Education Careers
As a fitness educator, it will be your responsibility to provide students with the information they need to make better choices concerning their health. It will also be your responsibility to help students learn how to implement a proper diet and training routine into their daily lives.
Upon graduating from the master in physical education program you will be able to fill many positions related to general health and sporting activities. Whether you are interested in being a teacher, a personal trainer, or a coach of a sports team, you will have a wide variety of options to choose from. By completing an advanced degree program, you will possess the knowledge you need to succeed in many fields and you will be able to fill almost any type of position that relates to physical training or fitness.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
Many nations are now relying on their fitness education programs to better educate their populations when it comes to their health. For this reason, it is likely that there will continue to be a greater emphasis placed upon fitness programs in schools.
The salary you can expect to earn with a master in physical education degree may vary greatly depending on the type of institution you teach at as well as the type of position you fill. New teachers generally only make about $30,000 per year. Coaching positions at the high school level may be paid even less.
On the other hand, if you seek out a lucrative coaching position, you will face a greater amount of competition, but you may be paid more than $70,000 per year. It is expected that the fitness industry will continue to thrive for many years to come. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports the following median annual wage for 2010.
- Kindergarten teachers – $48,800
- Elementary school teachers – $51,660
- Special education teachers – $53,220
- Middle school teachers – $51,960
- High school teachers – $53,230
- Special education teachers – $53,220
Employment of kindergarten, elementary, and middle school teachers is expected to grow by 17% from 2010 to 2020 (BLS) while that of high school teachers is expected to grow by 7% from 2010 to 2020 (BLS).
Due to the greater emphasis governmental organizations are placing upon physical fitness, there is more money available in this industry than ever before. With a Master in Physical Education, you will possess the knowledge and skills you need to obtain some of the most lucrative positions available in this industry today.
Health and Physical Education Programs
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Health Education
- BA/Health and Wellness
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MEd - Corporate Wellness
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Nutrition Science
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism :Thesis
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism : Non-Thesis
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
Virginia International University is a non-profit institution in Fairfax, VA with a goal of making quality education affordable to students from around the world. The university was established in 1998 by President Dr. Isa Sarac. Virginia International University’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, equally diverse faculty and staff, while striving to provide academic programs at the graduate, undergraduate, and certificate levels that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community and with a commitment to providing students with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.