A Master of Global Health degree will prepare students for leadership careers in the field of international health policy, in health care, and in the research and development that relates to global health and well being. This is a field that encompasses the study of issues of public health and the making of policies that affect public health. Students in this field also study how to implement the techniques that are developed to improve areas of public well being concerns.
Global Health Education and Training
Some undergraduate majors are beneficial for people who are going into areas of where they could use such a degree. Anyone who wishes to go into the fields of behavioral sciences will find that majors such as sociology, psychology, and even anthropology, can be very useful in their careers. To be accepted in schools that teach about public safety issues, every student is required to prove their competence in communicating with others effectively. These communication skills must be proven both verbally, and written. Any student who can take advantage of the undergraduate opportunities will be able to sharpen their communication skills, and prepare to prove them to the acceptance board and work toward the global health MPH.
People, who are more interested in epidemiology or in biostatistics, will greatly benefit from having either a math major, or a science major under their belt. Candidates who are more inclined to work in the fields of environmental concerns will want to major in biology or chemistry, and anyone who is considering the maternal, or child’s well being will definitely want a major in biology, and social sciences.
In order to finish with the Master of Global Health training the student will be required to do some field study, and practical learning in the field. You can prepare yourself beforehand by doing things like volunteering for the Red Cross, or help out in your community with an immunization program, as any healthcare related program.
The average cost for these college programs is under $18,000 a year if you go to school in the state where you live, and around $26,000 if you go to an out of state school. There are many different variations on the curriculum provided, depending on what field you want to use your Master of Global Health degree in after graduation.
Global Health Careers
Once you have gotten the masters degree you can hold positions like that of a healthcare educator or director in international and global health programs for federal and state agencies, international agencies like the United Nations Work Bank, World Health Organization, UNICEF, and various non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Graduating with a master of global health degree leads to careers in areas of practice like epidemiology, health education, and nutrition specializations.
You can work as an epidemiologist, or as a clinical research coordinator, you can hold a position as a non-profit organization director, or even as a healthcare consultant. You will have duties that include such things as promoting a healthy lifestyle in a demographic region by monitoring the well being and safety conditions of the region, helping to implement plans to prevent the spread of diseases, and to manage to help the people to have better tools and resources at their disposal.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
Generally people who receive global health training can expect to earn from $40,000 dollars a year to about $80,000 dollars a year. The amount that the people who go on to get a master of global health will earn is five to ten percent more than the amount people who have a bachelors degree in the same field earns.
Public Health Programs
- Dynamic Virtual Campus Experience – Classes are hosted in weekly, face-to-face online settings that utilize video conferencing technology to create an intimate learning environment.
- Demanding Academic and Admissions Standards – MPH@GW students are held to the same selective admissions criteria as on-campus students, and complete the same academically rigorous curriculum.
- Real Courses Delivered by Real Faculty – The GW faculty are world-renowned leaders in the field, and personally design and teach MPH@GW courses.
- Hands-On Field Placement Learning – Students will complete a customized practicum field experience that is designed to build hands-on skill in a student’s chosen career path.
- Master of Public Health
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Master of Public Health
- MS in Health Education
- MSHUS- Family and Community Services
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Public Administration
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling
- Master of Public Administration
- And more...
Become the leader you know you can be. The Forbes School of Business & TechnologyÒat Ashford University combines the power and flexibility of online learning with high-quality, topical Forbes content so you learn business fundamentals as well as keep current on business trends, triumphs, and tragedies.
- MA Organizational Management - Public Administration
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration (RN to MSN)
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing