A masters in technology education is designed for those practicing teachers that wish to advance their career in areas that may include computer education and technology integration in K12 education. As teachers work with children, they begin to understand what is needed to teach the ways of computers. Technology experts are steadily working to advance the world into further computers. It is then imperative that teachers of this field know what they are talking about when teaching students.
Technology Education and Training
As the enrollment process begins, students in the masters in technology education program can expect a very detailed session with admission counselors. They will need their basic application, full and official transcripts from prior educational institutes, the graduate record exam scores, and other sets of information. It is best if all of this information is turned in at the same time to prevent any delay in the process of enrollment. There may be a need for letters of recommendation, working resumes, and even possible essays.
Finding the right masters in educational technology and students are encouraged to apply early to be accepted to most programs. They will need to turn in all of their information as a national student but will also need to prove their English proficiency with an accredited test score. This score is very important to have submitted with all of the initial information, just as each element that is required is essential to their personal admissions.
Different courses will be expected of all graduate students in the masters in technology education. These include proficiency, ability to enhance students’ abilities with computers, and prepare them to be leaders within the school system that they teach in. They will need to take courses in advanced computer science, including graphic preparation and educational instruction. Other courses may include:
- Educational Research
- Educational Psychology
- Curriculum Planning
- Evaluation of Technology Resources
- Technology Integration into the Curriculum
Careers in Technology Education
Though the normal career is within the elementary and secondary school systems, there are other career fields that graduates can incorporate themselves into thus finding the right masters in technology education important. Some students can find themselves within a career field such as general engineers, analysts, and college professors. There is a wide arrangement of salaries, depending on what field the graduate finds himself or herself in.
The masters in instructional technology is one that many teachers are finding to be in higher demand. There are many enrollment sessions, but check with all institutes before beginning any process. This will ensure that you have the most accurate information and be ready to submit the paperwork in its complete form.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
Salaries for teachers in high schools range about $74,000 with a degree in this field. The amount of the salary depends on the amount of schooling they have received, where they are located, and the amount of experience they have behind them. Geographical location is a large part of how much the salary is. Smaller towns pay teachers less as they have less to offer within their budgets. Larger cities provide teachers with more.
The median annual wage of instructional coordinators was $58,830 in 2010 (Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS). The lowest 10% earned less than $33,490, and the top 10% earned more than $93,080. Employment of instructional coordinators is expected to grow by 20% from 2010 to 2020.
The steady growth and demand for these teachers is becoming higher as the world of Internet and data control becomes more advanced. Gaming, infrastructure, and other programs are only a few that they will need to learn and be able to teach. This trend is thought by experts to continue to grow as more children enter the school system, making the masters in technology education important to address this growth.
Technology in Education Programs
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- B.S. in Math for Secondary Education
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Secondary Education
- And more...
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- ESL/TESOL - Bachelors
- ESL/TESOL - Masters
- Education, Technology & Online Learning - Bachelors
- And more...
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Higher Education Track
- Master of Education in Higher Education
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MA Teaching: Middle Grades
- M.Ed. - Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- And more...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Social Studies
- M.Ed. in Career and Technical Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- And more...
Virginia International University is a non-profit institution in Fairfax, VA with a goal of making quality education affordable to students from around the world. The university was established in 1998 by President Dr. Isa Sarac. Virginia International University’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, equally diverse faculty and staff, while striving to provide academic programs at the graduate, undergraduate, and certificate levels that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community and with a commitment to providing students with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.
- MS in Applied Linguistics (Program Management)
- MS in Applied Linguistics (Educational Technology)
- Instructional Design & Technology
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MS in Education - Educational Psychology
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning-Organizations
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Education Specialist in Instructional Design and Technology
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science in Education - Teaching and Learning
- And more...