Going for a masters of kinesiology degree is a challenging yet rewarding career choice for those interested in careers in sports and exercise physiology. This and similar programs of study can open the doors to some fascinating and well paying careers in the field of sports and exercise. Kinesiology or human kinetics, is the study of the human body in motion.
Kinesiology Education and Training
In many countries, human kinetics is a science unto itself. However, in the United States, it can have a variety of applications. This is not to be confused with applied kinesiology, which is an alternative medicine technique. Although this study includes exercise physiology, in the Unites States, it is a great deal more than simply exercise. Professions like sports science and sports medicine, may also be included, as well as occupational therapy.
When you go for a masters in kinesiology degree, you are going a step beyond the Bachelor degree, and this requires additional education. However, one must first earn a Bachelor degree. Your bachelor degree will involve the usual required courses for most four-year degrees. his program of study focuses on the physiology, anatomy, biophysics, biochemistry, and human movement as well as applications to therapeutic rehabilitation and also exercise.
You may take courses like basic and advanced human movement and nutrition offered in the the masters of kinesiology program. Physiology is also very important. You will study things like sports science, and understanding sports injuries. Depending on your chosen career, other courses will be needed.
When you go for your Master of Science degree you will focus specifically on your chosen field. You may focus on bio-mechanics, exercise, health, and other courses. It is important to discuss the matter with an education counselor, so that you have all of the credits that you need for your degree and career.
Kinesiology Career Opportunities
The masters program provides graduates with skills that include knowledge of biomechanics, motor behavior, development, coordination, and neurophysiology. Graduates also gain skills in performance research, and rehabilitative therapies, as well as development of diagnostic and rehabilitative techniques and equipment. In addition they gain knowledge of analytical methods and procedures used in therapeutic rehabilitation and applied exercise.
Job duties will vary according to your career. For example, you may choose health promotion, and work in the fitness industry as a personal trainer or with a corporation or school. You may work with corporations to develop ergonomic designs for furniture products. You also may work in hospitals in rehabilitation programs.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
Licensed occupation therapists can earn from $43,000 to $93,000 per year. Those working in home health care, earn in the upper percentage of income levels. A personal trainer can easily make $30,000 a year or more. There are many other jobs in this field that one can consider. With a Master of Science degree, you may expect to earn more than the average fitness and exercise worker. These statistics are taken from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The popularity of the fitness and health industry should continue well into the Twenty First Century. As the population ages, they are becoming more health conscience. Exercise, nutrition, and rehabilitation, will be in great demand for many years to come.
Jobs in this industry are expected to increase in demand by about twenty nine percent, in the coming decade. More people are spending money on exercise and fitness facilities, each year, Also, there is a growing concern in the country, on the problem of obesity, and people are turning to the fitness and health industry for help.
The wide variety of positions in the industry, makes it a very lucrative field to choose a career in. Your Masters of Kinesiology degree should make it possible for to choose from among a large amount of jobs. Just make sure that you choose your career first, so you can match your training and education with it.
Sports Exercise Programs
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Health and Wellness
- BA/Health Education
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism :Thesis
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism : Non-Thesis
- Master of Science: Sport Management: Outdoor Adventure Sport (Thesis)
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Nutrition Science
- AAS in Business Administration - Health Club Operations
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MEd - Corporate Wellness
- Sports Management - Doctor of Education
- Sports Management - Master of Education
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
Virginia International University is a non-profit institution in Fairfax, VA with a goal of making quality education affordable to students from around the world. The university was established in 1998 by President Dr. Isa Sarac. Virginia International University’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, equally diverse faculty and staff, while striving to provide academic programs at the graduate, undergraduate, and certificate levels that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community and with a commitment to providing students with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.