This article looks at the requirements for completing the requirements for an online MBA in advertising as well as potential career options. To be admitted for a masters degree in marketing most schools would require an applicant to hold a bachelors degree from a recognized credible university or any other equivalent qualification. The field that the applicant studied as an undergraduate in most cases is overlooked since a wide range of educational backgrounds is suitable.
Advertising Training and Education
The program revolves around the different lines of promotional ideas. This course covers everything there is to know about advertising including who makes advertisements and why they do it and what one needs to understand before making an advert.
Core units taught in class include advertising management, brand management, international marketing, Strategic planning, consumer behavior and Integrated Marketing communications among others. Students are also taught on various research methods and they are expected to submit dissertation papers before graduation.
The student should also demonstrate an understanding of the changing trends within the promotion industry and be able to come up with new ideas in time to keep up with these changes. A good student should be able to deal with challenges of communication on the international market.
Careers in Advertising
Advertisement is the promotion of a brand in the market. It requires a lot of creativity and zeal. It is for important for companies to advertise products so as to capture attention and maintain loyalty of customers. It is a key part of every organizations marketing strategy and therefore experienced marketing personnel that specialize in this field of marketing are currently in high demand, and an MBA in Advertising is a requisite condition if this is to be attained. Advertising entails different types of advertising lines like Television, Radio, Print media, Banners, Internet and other outdoor adverts.
Upon completion of the course a student is expected to be able to generate innovative ideas for making adverts. The student is also expected to be able to service clients efficiently and convince them that his or her idea, product or service is the best there is in the market.
When you have a MBA in advertising or equivalent credentials the salary depends on the position that you hold in the company which in turn depends on the experience you have. You can become a manager in that field, Marketing manager or a Public relations manager. All this will probably have different salaries because they hold different responsibilities. The salary also depends on the size of the company you work for.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
Average salary for a promotional manager is about $63,000 to $100,000 a year. However with good experience in the large companies the salary can be as high as $250,000 a year. This value could also vary depending on conditions of work.
In the years to come it is expected that the world economy will have a high demand for marketing managers with a specialty in marketing. This increased demand is as a result of a rise of many small and medium sized enterprises and other numerous business ventures. With the increasing population and new technology coming out everyday demand for various services is expected to rise and thus more companies stepping up to meet these demands. Competition among companies dealing in similar services demands that an organization have a good plan of advertisement. Thus those with an MBA in advertising or equivalent will be able to join the profession.
Programs in Advertising
- Walden’s MS in Human Resource Management program provides practical experiences to help prepare you to become a functional specialist or a strategic HR leader for small or large organizations.
- Apply theoretical and practical aspects of HR management to formulate strategies that enable organizations to achieve operational and strategic goals related to the organization’s human capital.
- Apply HRM metrics and analytics to make informed decisions that enhance the effectiveness of employee recruitment, training, and retention to align with organizational strategy.
- With three optional specializations, students can deepen their knowledge in the area of human resources to meet their specific career goals.
- M.B.A. in Marketing
- Internet Marketing, Master of Science (Online)
- Media Design, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
- Business Master's Degrees at Grand Canyon University's Colangelo College of Business
- MBA's in Finance, Marketing, Health Systems Mgmt, Strategic HR Mgmt & more or a Master's in Accounting or Leadership!
- Programs provide a comprehensive foundation with the knowledge and skills needed to lead in the business world.
- Develop communication & leadership skills necessary to excel in today's global business environment.
- MBA programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- Convenience – all master's in business programs can be taken completely online.
- M.B.A.: Marketing
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MBA - Marketing
- 100% online M.B.A. programs offered, with specializations in Business Analytics, Healthcare Administration, & Nonprofit Leadership
- Program focuses on core competencies of Leadership, Organizational Innovation, Faith & Ethics, & Data-Informed Decision-Making
- Courses cover topics such as Innovation, Managerial Decision-Making, Strategic Marketing, & more
- Degree program is designed to be completed in as little as 24 months
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MBA - Marketing
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
Virginia International University is a non-profit institution in Fairfax, VA with a goal of making quality education affordable to students from around the world. The university was established in 1998 by President Dr. Isa Sarac. Virginia International University’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, equally diverse faculty and staff, while striving to provide academic programs at the graduate, undergraduate, and certificate levels that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community and with a commitment to providing students with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.
- MBA in Marketing Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Marketing
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Marketing