An MBA in sport management is an interesting degree program for those individuals who have a passion for sports and athletics, and also an aptitude for business. The MBA in sports management is designed to prepare students for a range of fascinating and stimulating careers, with the goal of ensuring that sports teams or individual athletes are able to achieve the best possible performance targets. It is an interdisciplinary field, which can be extremely competitive.
Sports Management Education and Training
A broad knowledge of marketing, management, and sport can be a combination that is extremely lucrative. As with all MBA programs, there would be strict eligibility criteria that would need to be met prior to admission being approved. This would usually involved having acquired above a set score in the GMAT or GRE depending on the school, as well as the need for a background in a related discipline or occupation. As sports management has become a very popular discipline, competition for places on MBA programs has become intense.
Today, there are a broad range of universities and colleges that offer MBA in sport management degree programs. An inherent advantage of studying at this level is the option to create flexible course schedules that allow students to continue in their current occupations. When comparing the various courses, it is important to choose a program that matches your career aspirations, and which is coordinated by individuals who have a background in a relevant industry.
The following subjects can form part of this interesting MBA, though they should not be seen as a comprehensive list, the modules offered do vary depending upon the expertise of the teaching staff, and the specialty of the actual course. The most common electives include business law, human resources, ethics, social issues in sport, media relations, broadcasting, finance, and quantitative business methods.
Every accredited MBA in sport management should give students a foundation in important business concepts, as well as an understanding of finance, economics, leadership, and organizational behavior. There can be options to focus on a certain area at a later date.
Careers in Sports Management
Organization such as the NCAA and the NFL often look to hire MBA holders to help plan and run their operations. An MBA graduate has a distinct advantage over individuals holding lesser qualifications, as national sporting organizations require people who have an in-depth understanding of modern business concepts and strategies, and not just a passion for sports. Other graduates with the Sports Management MBA work for sports clubs, university team sports, sports franchises, sports product manufactures, and more.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
The salary on offer to most graduates holding an MBA in sport management depends upon location, industry, and the nature of the employer. At the entrance level, a graduate can expect to take home an annual income of around $35,000 to $45,000, though this figure can increase massively with experience. It makes sense to plot out a career path prior to choosing an MBA, so as you can receive the level of salary that you desire. For example, an event manager would earn less per year than a sports agent.
In the coming decade, the sports management industry is predicted to grow massively in terms of size and capital. Holders of an MBA in sport management will be well placed to command a more than satisfactory salary.
Sports Management and Administration Programs
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Sports Management - Master of Education
- MEd - Corporate Wellness
- Several institutional scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Features several learning model options, including online, residency, and hybrid options.
- Offers graduate degree programs in organizational leadership, mind-body medicine, psychology and human science.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Two teaching locations in Seattle, Washington with the university headquarters located in Oakland, California.
- M.A. Integrative Wellness Coaching
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Data Analytics
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Information Technology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- With our online PhD in Psychology program, you can prepare to make valuable contributions to organizations while helping individuals, families, and groups improve their lives.
- The PhD in Psychology program will prepare you to use current theory and research to make valuable contributions to government, nonprofit, and private organizations.
- Taught by respected researchers and psychology experts, coursework explores current theories and best practices and empowers you to combine scholarly research with practical experience.
- Earn a master's degree while completing your PhD—certain specializations allow you to earn your MS in Psychology as you complete your PhD.