The music management masters program will help students gain a thorough understanding of business practices as they relate to the arts. Anyone who dreams of some day working with a star in the entertainment field, or is simply passionate about entertainment and media should pursue a music management degree. The field of music management encompasses a variety of careers and employment opportunities.
Music Management Training and Education
Students will be required to have a bachelor’s degree to pursue a higher education. Many educational facilities offering a masters in music management also have quite strict requirements. Students may be required to have held a grade point average of 3.0 in their undergraduate courses, and some may have to take part in a formal audition to be considered for enrollment. However, as these basic requirements can vary from one school to another, it is a good idea to research each unique institution’s policies.
There are usually some core classes that all students will be required to take, basically leaning about business ethics, marketing, management and promotion. Some common courses include: Entrepreneurship and business collaborations, Decision-making strategies, generating entertainment industry revenue, Personnel relations, human resources, Copyright and intellectual property licensing, and more. In many cases, one must also complete a large thesis or other special project to finish the degree program.
Careers in Music Management
Generally speaking, a Music Management Masters Degree Program will prepare students to handle the business, ethics, and financial side of the entertainment industry. However, even though these individuals are working more with the business side, they need to have an understanding of music composition and some natural musical aptitude.
People with a degree in this field have the opportunity to find a career as a media managers, talent scouts or managers, band managers, publicists, booking agents or entertainment lawyers. Some work for PR companies or start their own record label.
There is also the potential for these individuals with a music management masters to branch out on their own and start a business in one of these fields, which offers personal satisfaction and flexibility. A business degree prepares these individuals to deal with the business side of entertainment and manage and market the careers of musicians efficiently and effectively.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
In 2010, the average annual salary for those in music management was $58,000. This number has the potential to fluctuate greatly, however, depending upon the industry and one’s location, experience, and education. Employment opportunities for those working as managers in the arts are expected to grow significantly.
According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, job opportunities will grow as much as 22% through the year 2018. This expected growth is marginally larger than for most other fields, meaning that there are significantly good employment possibilities here. Since job competition can be stiff in the entertainment world, those with a music management masters degree or similar qualifications definitely have the advantage.
Programs in Entertainment and Music Management
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Delivered through Tempo Learning® by Walden, our custom-paced program for working professionals allows you to move through your studies by completing a series of competencies on your own schedule.
- Our fully online Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree program can put you at the forefront of the field and help you improve the experiences of healthcare providers as well as patients.
- You can accomplish your academic goals at your pace, with individualized help from faculty and academic coaches when you need it.
- Your prior experience may help you earn your degree more quickly as you demonstrate what you already know through competency assessments—which can save you time and money.
- Walden’s online MHA program is designed to create visionary leaders who can respond to the needs of their communities while optimizing organizational performance and outcomes.
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Virginia International University is a non-profit institution in Fairfax, VA with a goal of making quality education affordable to students from around the world. The university was established in 1998 by President Dr. Isa Sarac. Virginia International University’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, equally diverse faculty and staff, while striving to provide academic programs at the graduate, undergraduate, and certificate levels that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community and with a commitment to providing students with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.