Music production masters in Technology lead to various careers in the music industry, including audio production, audio engineering, and television and radio broadcasting. The music industry has evolved into a whole new realm of entertainment. As a result, which once served as sufficient for people working in the industry is no longer sufficient. Today, those pursuing a music production masters are finding that they are more prepared to take on the challenges of this field.
Music Production Education and Training
To enter a music program at this level, a bachelor’s degree is a standard prerequisite for acceptance. Many schools also require applicants take a GRE test as well as supply transcripts, letters of recommendation, and portfolios which demonstrate work that has been completed in the field. In the end, a Masters of Science in Music Technology can lead to various occupations that are much needed today.
Many of music production programs are now focused in the field of technology. With this degree individuals can work in sound recording, mixing and production, or engineering. These are all professions within the industry that are needed at this time. For those with a background in theory, computing or audio engineering, or audio recording, graduate degree programs enhance background knowledge and prepare individuals for career growth in the industry.
Programs frequently include not only lectures in the classroom, but individual research in the field, a thesis project, and actual hands-on training in a live studio. One of the most recent inclusions is digital technology which is becoming ever more important in the field. Coursework includes such things as foundations of multimedia design application, audio production, principles of music production, and many other courses, which explore emerging technologies in the industry.
Upon leaving the program, knowledge is gained about music compression, audio software, playback, and distribution methods. Most importantly, learning how to design and develop the technologies that are driving the industry, which includes multimedia creations, is a real asset when looking for a job. This prepares students for a variety of careers such as audio or studio engineer, sound or re-recording mixer, or even a music producer.
Careers in Music Production
Most people are familiar with the job of record producer, but it takes many people to produce and market a recording in today’s market. The job of the record producer is primarily a supervisory role as well as coaching artists, ensuring the job stays within a set budget, and making final decisions with regard to recording, mastering, and mixing sessions. However, often it takes starting in other occupations then working one’s way up to achieve success, such as becoming a production assistant, recording engineer, or studio manager.
For those researching career options, a music production masters in technology can help prepare an individual for many jobs within the field. The coursework included is designed to prepare an individual for the real world in an industry that is exciting and ever evolving. For those interested in pursuing this course of study, researching program offerings provided through various institutions will help identify the program that could fulfill a lifelong dream.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Growth
Once entering the field, earnings generally range between $25,000 per year to earning a six-figure income or more especially with an advanced degree like a music production masters. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics there is expected to be a 10% growth in this industry through 2018. However, with the increased interest in this field it is likely this is a conservative estimate.
Recording Arts and Music Production Programs
- Full Sail's curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Students gain real-world experience by working with industry-standard tools and technologies
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Concordia College New York provides a transformative online degree experience that combines academic excellence with faith-based values to create ethical and effective leaders
- For all of our programs, our dedicated, experienced faculty provide you with the personalized academic support you need. Take the next step to master your future with a degree you can earn 100% online
- Concordia College New York offers leading-edge business master’s programs in both the Digital Marketing and Digital Media fields; Study around your schedule, when and where you want
- Digital Marketing M.S. provides students with industry-leading skills and knowledge, and fulfills the academic requirements candidates need to sit for certification as an OMCP or OMCA
- Concordia New York’s trailblazing Digital Media M.A. program offers artists and creators an outstanding graduate curriculum that leads to a mentored capstone and thesis project
- Concordia College New York is an accredited, nonprofit college with an academic tradition dating back more than 130 years. We offer a quality and affordable education that fit's your busy lifestyle.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).