A natural health masters degree provides students with the opportunity to study the benefits of holistic healing. Students in a Masters program are often professionals who are already practicing and want to advance their knowledge. Or, they may be people pursuing a career in this field for the first time.
Natural Health Training and Education
A number of students enter the program with degrees in similar areas. However, many programs offer preliminary training to unfamiliar students before they begin the main coursework. Other related programs of study include the alternative health programs and the holistic health programs. The focus of this program is on natural ways that the body heals itself.
Coursework includes herbology, nutrition and diet, anatomy, physiology, and the principles of natural health. They also learn about alternative therapies like reflexology, acupuncture, and massage. With a MNH degree, graduates can enter many occupations under the umbrella of alternative healthcare.
Students in natural health masters programs focus on the methodologies of disease prevention through holistic, drug-free, non-surgical regimes, including epidemiology In additional courses in areas like nutrition and dietetics may also be offered, Courses are based on theory and practical training. The Masters program concentrates heavily on proactiveness rather than reactiveness. Disease prevention is achieved through the modification of behaviors and healthy lifestyle choices.
During the natural health masters training, students develop some key skills. They learn how to explain holistic theories to patients and how to work with all types of people, as well as other professionals in the healthcare industry. The MNH degree is awarded after the successful completion and presentation of a thesis. After this, graduates may apply for a license to practice.
Careers in Natural Health
There are a number of specialty areas in alternative healthcare, and there is a growing demand for people with a natural health masters degree. these are alternative medicine treatments, herbal therapy and treatment, homeopathic treatment, and hypnotherapy. Others are movement science and therapies, natural and complimentary medicine, naturopathic treatment, polarity therapies, yoga instruction, and Chinese medicine.
Let’s briefly look at what a homeopath does. He or she is considered to be a holistic healer in alternative medicine. Homeopaths do not prescribe pharmaceutical drugs. Instead, they use herbal medications made completely natural ingredients. They delve deeply into the physical state and emotional psyche of patients in order to assess health and well being. This enables them to devise individualistic holistic healing programs.
In terms of overall responsibilities, homeopaths work in a similar way to conventional doctors. They perform initial consultations with patients and require in-depth medical histories to help make accurate diagnoses. Unless homeopaths have medical degrees, they are not permitted to refer to themselves as doctors. Many, however, are qualified medical doctors who have broadened their scope of practice to include homeopathy. In such cases, they may even prescribe RX drugs. However, their first choice would be to administer holistic therapies and herbal treatments.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the latest survey revealed that alternative healthcare is one of the fastest growing industries. The reason for this is that the awareness of the benefits of holistic therapies is increasing rapidly. This is good news for anyone with a Natural Health Masters degree. Because there are so many sub-disciplines involved and so many different occupations, it is difficult to establish precise salaries in this field. In addition, remuneration depends on the practitioner’s level of experience, education, geographic location, and the type of work he or she does. However, as an example, the average annual salary for a homeopath is $72,000.
Alternative, Natural and Holistic Health Programs
- Degrees include BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- BA/Complementary and Alternative Health
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapist
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Nutrition Science
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Massage Therapy - Diploma
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Massage Therapy - Associate's
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- MS in Applied Nutrition
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems