This article reviews the requirements to obtain an organizational leadership masters degree as well as and benefits of completing the degree program requirements. What is organizational leadership? Organizational leadership is defined as a discipline that examines the principles of leadership relevant in a various contexts in order to understand how an organization can function most effectively. Having a career in organizational leadership may put you in a position to work in a variety of different industries.
Organizational Leadership Education and Training
An organizational leadership masters degree provides you with a specialized, people-oriented approach to supervision. You will work in the capacity of organizing, leading, planning and coordinating activities of a business. The goal of these leaders is to meet the current as well as future challenges many businesses face and to utilize your analytical skills for coming up with the most logical solutions for the problems an organization may face.
In order to enroll in a organizational leadership masters degree program, you are required to have already obtained a bachelors degree (120+ credit hours) from an accredited college or university. Some universities may also require that you take and submit scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). You will also need letters of recommendation, typically 3 are required from sources such as previous college instructors and/or management from previous or current employment. Some programs may also require you to have a specific GPA before applying and may require a statement of purpose.
As a student studying for a masters in leadership, you will have a diverse curriculum that allows you to customize your courses in order to meet your specific career goals. Prior to enrolling in a masters program, you should have a general idea of what type of organization you are interested in working for in order to take the courses best suited for your organizational options.
Some courses in a masters program may include organizational theory, communications, ethics, leadership, computer science, visual communications, marketing and many more. A curriculum may emphasize team management and systems and/or leadership for both technical or human aspects. The majority of universities require an average of 30 credit hours for completion of an organizational management program. Students are also typically required to maintain a cumulative GPA of a B and you will have to pass a comprehensive examination.
Organizational Leadership Careers
With a masters degree there are a number of excellent career options you can choose from such as logistics supervisor, human resources manager, marketing manager, high-level consultant or professor. A degree in organizational leadership provides you with the skills and knowledge necessary for a variety of interesting career options and organizational leadership jobs. Organizations have a vast array of tasks as well as employees that require efficient and effective management in their daily projects and company goals.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
There is somewhat of a large gap in the estimation of the salary you can expect to earn with an organizational leadership masters degree. The salary you earn will basically depend on the specific career/field you have chosen.
For example, an organizational consultant salary on average is about $86,000 per year, an organization development manager typically earns about $90,000 per year, organizational specialists earn about $70,000, chief organization leaders may earn about $128,000 per year and a general manager may earn a top salary of $142,000 per year.
If you opt to work in a charity or non-profit sector, the salaries may be significantly lower than if you work with a corporation or business organization. The projected outlook for graduates with the organizational leadership masters degree continues to be a strong career option due to the vast array of career options.
Programs in Organizational Management and Leadership
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA/Organizational Management - Organizational Leadership
- MA/Organizational Management
- MBA - Human Resources Management
- And more...
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Science in Organizational Development
- Master of Business Aministration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Organizational Design and Development
- MS in Management
- MBA - Human Resources
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Science in Management Organizational Leadership and Change
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration - Project Management
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- MS Organizational Leadership - Criminal Justice
- MS Organizational Leadership - Project Management
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Public Administration in Public Leadership
- Through our PhD in Public Policy and Administration program, you can become prepared to take the lead in developing sustainable solutions to improve quality of life for individuals and communities.
- The online PhD in Public Policy and Administration program can prepare you to meet the challenges of governance and public service in the United States and around the world.
- Graduates can use evidence-based research to evaluate models and best practices in local, state, national, and international public agencies.
- Four academic residencies enrich your learning experience by enabling you to meet face to face with peers, staff, and faculty while gaining skills to prepare you for your dissertation.
- M.B.A. in Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Functional Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Human Resource Management - Integrating Functional & Strategic Human Resource Management
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Strategic Human Resource Management
- M.S. in Psychology: Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- M.S. in Leadership
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Human Resource Management
- MBA - Management