With a doctorate PhD in health science you can take your career to a new level, by working in the area of research, teaching, and working in higher-level administration. Admission to the universities offering this degree requires a present position in related medical fields. Health care professionals interested in furthering their career should consider getting a PhD in Health Sciences.
Health Science Education and Training
Admission requirements in most schools that offer this degree include a high grade point average in addition to having your masters in related fields. Students will need letters of recommendation from colleagues and previous professors as well. As with many other degrees, a passing grade on an entrance exam is also a step in admissions. Some schools have additional requirements for admittance to particular courses of study. Learn more about what you need to do for advancing your medical related career.
Data analysis and interpretation, research methods for this field, critical literature, and scientific writing are some of the courses students will take for obtaining this degree. Many students enjoy the research courses required due to the interesting data they learn. This information becomes helpful in those students current position as well as for obtaining their degree. Students should consider elective and specialization courses that are related to their field of interest.
Careers in Health Sciences
Those professionals working in fields like community health services, medical laboratory positions, medical and acute care services, nursing, pharmacy, and emergency medical care are examples of acceptable careers for obtaining this degree. Making a difference in the lives of other people starts with furthering your education. By doing so, career opportunities that pay more become available and you have more chances to make a difference in research and clinical areas of medical care.
Some graduates of the Doctor of health science program might prefer to pursue a career in educational instruction while others might like direct contact in patient care. Many great positions like public health specialists, physical therapists, and gerontologists are available to those professionals with degree. Explore your career options and how you can best advance your career in the field. The hours you invest in education always pay off in higher areas of your career, especially when those careers are medical related.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
Most positions in the higher areas of this field pay salaries between $40,000 and $80,000 a year. The position you choose and the years of experience you put into it will determine your exact salary. Keep in mind some technician positions may pay around the $20,000 level per year. Exploring the many career choice this degree offers is the greatest way to determine the job that pays the salary you want.
The medical field is growing every day, especially with the advances being made in medical technology. The expected job outlook for positions related to health science is great. Making great money while doing the job you love is always a satisfying combination. Learn more about the steps you need to take for making a difference in others lives.
Students interested in the many facets of medical care should explore their options for earning a PhD in Health Science. The number of related jobs you would enjoy might astound you. Take learning and your present career to higher, better places by furthering your education.
Doctorates in Health and Medical Sciences
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- Our online Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree program can help you improve the experience of healthcare providers and patients.
- Walden’s online MHA program prepares leaders who can respond to the needs of their communities while optimizing organizational performance and outcomes.
- Taught by doctoral-level faculty, our online MHA degree program features curriculum with multimedia that lends a real-world perspective to your online learning experience.
- Two ways to earn your MHA: choose from a course-based format or our competency-based Tempo Learning® by Walden that allows you to learn on your own schedule, at your own pace.
- Ph.D. in Health Services - Self-Designed
- Ph.D. in Health Services- Health Care Administration
- Ph.D. in Health Services - Leadership
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief
- And more...
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)