An MBA in project management is a postgraduate degree program that can help you to advance within your area of business. Other areas of study may offer programs and concentration, as well as masters in project management. For example certain areas in construction management, engineering, and technology management.
Project Management Training and Education
Project management is the discipline which deals with planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. In the project management masters degree, you will gain knowledge on how to improve on your organization as well as management and administration skills. Going on to successfully project manage requires a great deal of experience and training. It is a role which comes with a great deal of responsibility. It is a vital role in all aspects of business and there will always be a need for expert managers to help companies run smoothly and keep up with the competition, especially in times of economic hardship. Experienced managers will always be a key part of any business. It is important to keep your eye on the game and make sure you are up to date with all aspects of managing.
You can study for the Masters in project management at various universities that have been recognized by a U. S Education accrediting agencies including: Distance Education and Training Council, Council for Higher Education Accreditation and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The program is commonly offered via colleges of business and colleges of arts and sciences, specifically under computer and information technology departments.
As a project management you will have your hands in all aspects of the company from the accounting, producing status reports and leading meetings with employees on all levels. Learning these skills will help you utilize various software to be effective. Communication is the key to being a success in this role and the MBA can help you grow and learn through education and hands on know-how.
You may take courses over a one year period, or stretched over two years if you choose a part time online course. The online options can be done whilst working giving you essential experience whilst training. The skills that will be applied are: Ethics and principals, Communication and leadership skills, Administration Skills Problem Solving and Management qualities. Additional courses may include:
- Managerial Accounting and Finance
- Applied Managerial Statistics
- Project Management Systems
- Project Risk Management
- Contract and Procurement Management
- Managing Project Quality
- Project Cost and Schedule Control
Project Management Certification
Upon completion of the masters program and meeting additional criteria, some students opt to take a certification exam to become a Project Management Professional (PMP). The PMP is a credential offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
The PMP examines candidates in five areas (process groups):
- Initiating the project
- Planning the project
- Executing the project
- Monitoring and controlling the project
- Closing the project
Within these five process groups candidates competencies are accessed in ten project management Knowledge Areas:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
To be eligible to take the exam, candidates are required to either:
- Hold a high school diploma or associates degree with 60 months or 7,500 hours) of project management experience. Or;
- Demonstrate they hold a bachelor’s degree with 36 months or 4,500 hours of project management experience.
In both cases they should also have a minimum of 35 contact hours of project management education or training.
To maintain ones’ PMP qualification, 60 professional development units (PDUs) are required over a three-year cycle. These can be earned via activities such as research, writing related articles, speaking engagements, working on full-time project management activities.
Project Management Careers
Once you have successfully obtained a bachelors degree you can then apply for a Masters in Business Administration focusing on management jobs. You do not need to have studied a business-orientated degree to be accepted but it does make a difference.
For example, if you have expereince in an area like construction managment or experience, you might take the Project Managment Institute (PMI) exam as long as you have meet their minimum criteria which includes having a certain number of actual (related) hours in project management.
Once you have qualified you are then able to apply for any skilled management position in a huge variety of businesses and organizations. From construction, Information Technology, retail, manufacture, law, finance, marketing or you could choose to go into the teaching profession. Potential job titles include: Project Manager, Administrator, Assistant Project Manager Supervisor and Project Director.
Estimated Income and Projected Career Outlook
Salaries are determined by your skill level and the amount of solid experience that you have gained. Projected salaries vary between each type of line of work, here are a few examples of the current median salaries are: Construction Project Manager, around 69,144 dollars per year, Information Technology Project Manager around $82, 448 per year, Manufacturing professional Manager around $65,855 per year and Architecture professional manager around $67,364 per year.
Due to the decline in jobs many people find that employment is hard to find and harder to keep. A Masters of Business Administration or specifically, a project management MBA can give you the extra desirable qualifications that when combined with years of practice can make you a must for any company wishing to remain healthy in the poor economic climate.
Project Management Programs
- Become the leader you know you can be @ Ashford University
- Apply Now! Classes Start Every Tuesday!
- MBA - Project Management
- MBA - Business Economics
- MBA - Media Management
- And more...
- The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program is designed with insight from experienced faculty and leading business practitioners.
- Already have a master’s in business or management? You may be eligible to apply credit for up to four courses toward your DBA, saving time and money.
- Students in the DBA program may choose from 16 specializations, including Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Marketing, Leadership, and more.
- The DBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- M.B.A. in Project Management
- M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) - Self designed
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Project Management
- Master's (MIT) - IT Project Management
- MBA - Management
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with multiple concentrations
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Concentrations help students tailor their education for the career they want
- Master of Science in Management - Project Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- MS in Management - Project Management
- MBA - Project Management
- MS in Information Technology - Project Management
- And more...
- Go Higher with a career-enhancing degree from Concordia Nebraska you can earn fully online. All our online programs are designed to give you the flexibility to study around your schedule.
- You'll also benefit from exceptional student support and a rigorous academic experience ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges 2016 Midwest Regional Universities.
- Concordia offers a wide variety of MBA program offerings in such fields as Accounting, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, Leadership and Managing, Management, Marketing and Risk Management
- Concordia also offers programs in the M.Ed field specializing in Early Childhood Development, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Special Education
- As an institution, Concordia University, Nebraska is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of its North Central Association
- Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Risk Management
- MBA - Master of Business Administration - Business Intelligence
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
Villanova University, a co-educational Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Order of Saint Augustine in 1842 in Villanova, Pennsylvania. A premier institution of higher education, Villanova provides a comprehensive education rooted in the liberal arts; a shared commitment to the Augustinian ideals of truth, unity and love; and a community dedicated to service to others.