A public safety masters degree can open up the doors to many different careers. This article looks at the importance of masters in public safety masters degrees. Masters of Forensic Science degree is designed to prepare one for career advancement in the fields of science, law, and criminal investigation.
Public Safety Education and Training
Some of the important things you may do in this field, involve preparations for emergencies and natural disasters. This also covers terrorism, and any situation that may be considered a threat to the general public. Careers in this field are so varied, that preparations will also vary.
Of course, you will need a Bachelor Degree before applying for your M. S. or Master of Science, also known as a Masters Degree. The course generally is for two years, but if one is working full time, it can take longer.
There is a huge variety of careers that involve public safety and awareness. For example, you might work in Immigrations Services as an immigration officer. Your job may take you to customs and border control. You might work in the department of FEMA, known as the Federal and Emergency Management Agency. Many jobs in law enforcement are also important in this industry.
There is a demand for specialists like Intelligence Operations Specialist, and information IT Specialist, as well as Security and Telecommunications Specialists. You also may wish to instruct and teach in the field of law enforcement. Duties of these jobs are varied, and many will be on 24-hour call, as there is no set time for emergencies and natural disasters.
Public Safety Careers
Your public safety training may lead you to a career as city manager, and a city manager can earn more than $90,000 annually. A local Fire Chief may earn $75,000 a year and up, as this will depend on the size of the community. Emergency Management Specialists median wage is around $54,000 a year. This can vary a great deal, as those that work in the electrical power system make an average annual wage of nearly $77,000. Those in Scientific Research and Development average $75,000, and Waste Treatment and Disposal earn an average of $70,000 annually. These represent only a few positions available, and the figures come from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
There are no exact figures to project job growth, as there are so many different employment opportunities to consider. However, since September 11, 2001, the need for homeland security and community awareness is steadily increasing. There will always be situations like floods, hurricanes, and tornadoes, and these things cannot be predicted with certainty. A Public Safety Masters degree should serve you well, for future employment opportunities, and advancement. The more education that you have, the more secure you can be in your work.
Public Safety and Personal Safety Programs
- Walden’s online MS in Criminal Justice program can equip you with leading-edge skills to address today's increasingly complex criminal justice issues.
- Study a unique blend of criminal behavior theory along with technology, homeland security, and management skills applicable to the challenges facing the law enforcement community.
- Synthesize principles from criminal justice theories, processes, and practices to promote social justice and positive social change.
- Gain broad exposure to the field of criminal justice, study the latest theories, and explore today’s increasingly sophisticated criminal justice issues.
- The MS in Criminal Justice program can help you develop a blend of technology, homeland security, and management skills that you can apply immediately on the job or use to advance your career.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice Leadership & Executive Management - Homeland Security Policy
- M.S. in Criminal Justice Leadership & Executive Management - Terrorism Mediation & Peace
- M.S. in Criminal Justice Leadership & Executive Management - Homeland Security Policy & Coordination
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- MS in Criminal Justice - Corrections
- Offers bachelor’s and master’s programs in Criminal Justice with multiple concentrations to choose from
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Criminal Justice Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2017
- Students study law enforcement operations, corrections, and criminal investigation
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Management - Homeland Security
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Public Administration in Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Experience a new way of learning through the innovative online experience at Ashford University
- Earn the Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree that fits your professional goals
- Transfer up to 90 approved credits toward your degree
- Accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.