A computer and information security master degree for the technology today is an important area of study that transcends many professional areas. The masters in security program degree is designated for students who are already complete with a bachelor of science.
Information Security Education and Training
The curriculum for the degree is designed for those students who to fulfill their education and be able to maintain knowledge in many different fields. Obtaining the security master of science degree can be easy as long as every step in each process is adhered to carefully. There are many different protocols and guidelines depending on which school is checked into. Tuition costs vary from school to school as well, so it is best to check every inch of the school, its reputation, and the finances that will be necessary to achieve the degree desired.
Different curriculum in the information security degree will be based on what the student chooses to do. Most will require study time in courses such as prototyping, media production, and interactive entertainment. Each of these includes art and graphic design, programming elements, and production of the final projects. During the last semesters, students can expect to enroll in internships for on the job study and technique advancement.
Information Security Careers
Some of these fields can include leadership, management, application of theory to real life situations, and be able to understand, implement and manage secure awareness programs. Communication skills will be enhanced for each individual student. Every student will also be able to conduct research and return the information to persons necessary with full rapport.
Careers in this field can be found in Information Technology, engineering, and even management. Students should be aware that all of their credit hours may or may not count towards work experience time. Many of these positions also require a certain amount of time and experience in on the job detail. Each applicant should be familiar with several platforms and fields that a variety of companies utilize for their information.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
The average security information person can collect around $90,000 per year. This amount can increase, or decrease, depending on the knowledge and experience of the person in the position, and advanced training and education like the security master degree. It is noted that this job will entail the responsibility of designing, enacting, and supervising the support and usage of information systems. This field is expected to increase at a rate of 15 to 20% over the next ten years.
Programs in Information Security
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Cybersecurity Management
- MS in Information Technology
- Bachelor’s programs include Cyber Security and Information Technology with multiple concentrations
- Courses designed to teach students core concepts such as programming, system administration, and security
- Online Master’s in IT was ranked among the Best Online Programs in 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Master of Science in Management - Information Systems Security
- Master of Science in Computer Science Computer Systems Security
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity Policy
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Information Security Management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (MIT) - Information Assurance and Security
- Master of Science in Information Technology
Virginia International University is a non-profit institution in Fairfax, VA with a goal of making quality education affordable to students from around the world. The university was established in 1998 by President Dr. Isa Sarac. Virginia International University’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, equally diverse faculty and staff, while striving to provide academic programs at the graduate, undergraduate, and certificate levels that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community and with a commitment to providing students with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.
- Master of Science in Information Technology (MIT)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Forensic Science, Law Enforcement, Policing, Homeland Security and National Defense, and Criminal Justice Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.