Sport management masters programs prepare and train students to take up a range of interesting careers. What is sports management? Sports management is the area of study that examines the business aspect of sport. Graduates can find many openings available to them, for example as sporting agents, managers in boardrooms, and as the heads of media departments.
Sports Management Education and Training
If you have a broad interest in any sport, this type of course can be enjoyable and inherently stimulating. To gain admission to any master’s program, there is often a requirement to have completed a related bachelor’s degree, or at least have some experience in a job that has provided a foundation of knowledge. The actual admission procedures do vary, with the most prestigious schools only accepting students that have already shown prowess in this field.
The bulk of sport management masters degrees offer similar topics of study, though there is a degree of variation across the board. There are programs that focus on the psychology of sport, whereas others focus on the day-to-day issues governing the industry. Alongside sports psychology, possible subjects and modules include governance and ethics, marketing, law, facilities management, and the history of sport.
Careers in Sports Management
A masters of sports management can be used and applied in a number of interesting settings. For example, coaches, trainers and therapists can benefit from the practices and theories taught in such courses. The advantages of this higher degree are broad, and can help boost work performance dramatically.
Upon graduation, there would be the potential to set up your own business through which you can provide a range of services to professional sports people. Independent advice can be offered to professional athletes, as well as teams and clubs, this could be in terms of offering new ideas and knowledge relating to psychology, finance, law, or training principles.
An interesting profile available to sport management masters graduates is that of a program director, this would involve the overseeing of a league or a specific competition. There can be the potential to create a community sport program in your local area, wherein you help budding sports people enhance their skills and exposure.
High schools and colleges also have openings for the holders of sports management master’s degrees, the profile of an athletic director in a school or college can be immensely satisfying and richly rewarding. Gyms and sports clubs can also be a place that graduates can find employment.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
The salary on offer to individuals holding this higher-level qualification more than compensates for the cost of studying. There exists the potential to earn a six-figure sum shortly upon completion of the studies in the most desirable openings. Management degrees at a masters level allow graduates to take up well paid positions that would not be available to regular degree holders. For example, a sports agent can take home an income that is on a par with doctors and top lawyers.
As sport is now ingrained in the national psyche, there will continue to be a demand for graduates from master’s programs that have the knowledge to help individuals, teams, and organizations. According to official data from the US Department of Labor, the number of openings for holders of port management masters qualifications will continue to increase at a rate just above the average for all careers in the coming few years.
Sports Management and Administration Programs
- Online degrees include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, and MBA.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Business Administration specializations include Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Sports and Recreation Management
- BA/Health and Wellness
- BA/Health Education
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Sports Management
- Sports Marketing and Media, Bachelor of Science
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AAS in Business Administration - Health Club Operations
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science: Sport Management: Outdoor Adventure Sport (Thesis)
- Master of Science: Sport Management (Non-Thesis)
- Master of Science: Sport Management: Sport Administration (Non-Thesis)
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Sports Management - Doctor of Education
- Sports Management - Master of Education
- Sports Management - PhD in Education
- And more...
Virginia International University is a non-profit institution in Fairfax, VA with a goal of making quality education affordable to students from around the world. The university was established in 1998 by President Dr. Isa Sarac. Virginia International University’s mission is to educate students from all over the world through a highly qualified, equally diverse faculty and staff, while striving to provide academic programs at the graduate, undergraduate, and certificate levels that engender the intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and creativity urgently needed in the global community and with a commitment to providing students with the knowledge to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Small Business Management
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.