A sports science masters leads to careers in areas like sports management, kinesiology, sports psychology and other related areas. In some graduate schools, you can get your masters in sports science by taking some courses both online and on-campus. If you are interested in getting a masters in sports science, then this can be earned through the many degrees that are available from programs that are designed for students who want to earn this type of degree.
Sports Science Education and Training
The programs that are available shall put the students through courses that will teach them plenty of advanced levels in the skills of sports related topics and also there are other choices that the students can choose from such as medicine, management, health, fitness, coaching and administration as well.
The prerequisites that are required will be a background check or any kind of experience that is related to this field, the students bachelor degree along with the grade point average and letters of recommendations along with the students career statement.
The sports science masters programs will prepare a student for opportunities to become involved with employment in coaching, sports management, training, administration and also scouting as well. Even though a bachelors degree may be acceptable, still there is a high demand for those with a more higher educational degree in this field, which are desired quite often by most employers.
If this is the career choice that you wish to be part of, then you shall be able to find quite a lot of these types of master degrees offered with both full and partial time online courses. In most cases these programs are flexible when it comes to scheduling and having access to these online courses, which are available 7 days a week and are 24 hours everyday. There are several of these programs that will require the student to be part of on site studies, which will be determined by the school of your choice.
These online courses do have some requirements that will be related to sports science and this can vary depending on which school you choose. Some of the programs that a student can expect are philosophy, history, fund raising, marketing. This are some of the common class requirements for this type of degree.
Career in Sports Science
The employment for this kind of occupation is expected to grown even more, which is due to the fact that there are many employers looking for workers that can be of some benefit in organized sports along with recreational activities and also for any private instructors for any young athletes.
There are quite a lot of organizations that are offering certifications in regard to this field. In many cases any professional that works with any sports related occupations will be required to be certified in the area of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and also the person will be required to attend a camp or clinic or any certification. There are also doctoral degrees in this field for anyone who wants a doctoral degree programs.
Estimated Income and Projected Job Outlook
It is being reported by the U. S. Bureau of labor Statistics, that the annual wages for this fiend are in the range of $47,470 for the person who wants to be an athletic trainer, for coaches the wages are $30,000 as well as it is for scouts too. In cases where one has a sports science masters, the opportunities are more available.
Sports, Nutrition, and Fitness Programs
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- BA/Health and Wellness
- BA/Health Education
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Nutrition Science
- AAS in Business Administration - Health Club Operations
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism :Thesis
- MS in Sport Management - Tourism : Non-Thesis
- Master of Science: Sport Management: Outdoor Adventure Sport (Thesis)
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Sports Management - Doctor of Education
- Sports Management - Master of Education
- Sports Management - PhD in Education
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills